Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ridin' Solo

It's been another busy summer week.  Last Saturday Robert, Grant, Kelsey, and I went to Pomme de Terre lake.  Super fun!  We grilled hotdogs, swam in the lake, and hit up 3 G's for some frozen custard once we got back into town.  Later that evening my parents came home from El Salvador.  It was great to hear their stories.  They finished the foundation and got about two rows of blocks laid for the walls.  They also met some wonderful people.  About three hours later my brother came home.  It was a bit strange for me to go from being queen of the house to sharing it with three other bodies.  I think we've all adjusted now though.
For fourth of July we kept up the Grabowski tradition of eating dinner at Memaw and Pepaw's house, shooting off fireworks, and then going to the town firework show.  It was good to see people and catch up for a bit, but it was also semi overwhelming to see so many people I know all at once.  You can only say, "Hey!  How's it going?" so many times before it gets old.  After the show we went swimming and called it a night.
I got a facial Tuesday. :)
After Robert finished work on Tuesday we drove to his house, ate dinner, went swimming, caught up with his friends, and spent the night.  Robert woke up early on Wednesday to get his 21 year old license.  He also got his mom's old car (2006 Toyota Camry) which is a nice upgrade from his 1999 Ford Ranger.  Here are some pictures to accompany the process.


It was nice to have a week of not having to drive to and from Springfield.  For the rest of the month my two classes are totally online.  I'll wrap things up by going in for face-to-face class three days in a row the first week of August.
Robert and I watched the first four parts of "Africa" a National Geographic special to get pumped up for his trip.
On Friday we went to Incredible Pizza with our family friend Carl.  Robert's dad was heading back home from Alabama and got to stop by to join us for dinner.
Robert and I had to say goodbye on Saturday.  I've known for months that this day would come, but as it grew closer it made me increasingly sad.  It's so tough because I can't beg him to stay.  After all, he's going on a mission trip to share God's love with others.  Can't blame him for wanting to join in on this cool adventure.  The trip is July 10-23, but they left Bolivar on the 9th, spent the night in KC, and drove to the airport today.  They get back super late on the 23rd so they'll spend the night in KC and drove home on the 24 which means he's officially gone July 9-24.  That's 15 days, about twice as long as we've ever been apart.  I'm trying not to be a pansy, but it seems like FOREVER.  I have some school work and babysitting to do which will occupy some of my time, but mostly it's just more fun to do things together.  We might just be studying, but at least we're doing it together.  We might just be eating dinner and watching the Cards play, but it's so much more fun to do it together instead of alone.
Oh and my one and only task from Robert while he was gone was to feed his fish every day and water his flowers every other day.  I went in for day one this morning.  The fish was dead.  I'm a bad girlfriend.

1 comment:

  1. You are not a pansy. :) Looking forward to spending a fun day with you in Springfield tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...