Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Update

Let's look at how the countdown is going.
  1. August 22 - Drury starts, 4 days til... DONE
  2. August 26 - Mom's birthday, 8 days til...DONE
  3. September 3 - Bethany gets married, 2 days til...  JUST 4 MORE DAYS
  4. September 5 - Dad's birthday AND Labor Day, 3 days til...
  5. September 8 - My birthday, 34 days til...
  6. October 12 - Organizational Communication ends, 2 days til...
  7. October 14-23 - Fall break, 1 day til...
  8. October 24 - Organizational Change starts, 6 days til...
  9. October 30 - Saints game in St. Louis, 1 day til...
  10. October 31 - Halloween, 22 days til...
  11. November 22-26 - Alabama for Thanksgiving break, 18 days til...
  12. December 14 - Organizational Change ends, 1 day til...
  13. December 15 - Public Relations ends...18 days til
  14. December 19  January 2- Winter project begins...15 days til
  15. January 17 - Spring semester starts...10 days til
  16. January 13 January 27- Winter project ends... 49 days til
  17. Mary 16-26 - Pennsylvania for spring break...11 days til...
  18. April 6 - Good Friday off...1 day til
  19. April 7 - Jim's birthday...1 day til
  20. April 8 - Easter...29 days til
  21. May 7-12 - Finals...3 days til
  22. May 10 - Graduation rehearsal...1 day til
  23. May 11 - School ends...1 day til
  24. May 12 - My graduation...7 days til
  25. May 19 - Robert's graduation...1 day til
  26. May 20 - Our wedding!
So school has officially started.  In fact, I'm almost done with week two.  After tonight I'll be 1/4 of the way finished with seminar in organizational communication.  Yahoo!

We had a fun time celebrating Mom's birthday.  We had a delicious dinner with my grandparents.  Red velvet cake was included of course!

Robert was the RA on call over the weekend, so we had to stay in town.  He only has three more RA on call weekends EVER!  Let's celebrate with him. :D

I found out that the winter project is now January 2-27.  That's good news, folks.  That means I actually get about two weeks off for Christmas!  The bummer is that it overlaps with the spring semester for ten days, but I think it will be tolerable.

I had proposed a formal request to the Drury graduate council in hopes that I would be able to take an MBA class at SBU in the spring instead of an MBA class at Drury.  The classes sounded identical, and if I could take it at SBU it would mean:
  1. Cheaper tuition
  2. Less money spent on gas
  3. Time saved by not driving 90 minutes each time I have class
  4. It's online for eight weeks at SBU so it would be over faster, and I could work on it whenever I want
Anyway, the proposal was thirteen pages long, and I thought it was very impressive.  I found out on Monday that I was denied 4-0.  It was a major blow at first.  Thankfully, I have a very kind fiance and parents who keep telling me it happened for a reason.  Right now I can only see it as a negative and a let down.  On the bright side, my adviser said my proposal was impressive.  Whoop-di-do.

I read OurSpace by Christine Harold this week.  It wasn't exactly a fun read, but it was tolerable.  I'm almost finished with my book review for it.  Progress, baby!

Also, just in case you were wondering - 263 days til our wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...