Monday, September 16, 2013

Amy Elizabeth and the terrible horrible no good very bad weekend

Do you ever have one of those days/weeks where everything just goes wrong?  Nothing particular catastrophic happens, but everything just seems off.  This weekend was one such time.  So let's recap this series of unfortunate events.

My phone has been incredibly slow for MONTHS.  It freezes, it takes several minutes to open an app, etc.  The phone isn't technically broken so I can't bring myself to buying a new one.  It still makes phone calls so that's good.  My sweet husband was working on trying to make my phone faster.  So on Thursday night he was messing around and accidentally deleted every single one of my contacts.  300+ contacts that have taken 7 years to accumulate went out the window.  The plus side - my phone is definitely fast now.  The down side - I have 10 contacts.  Apparently I never memorized very many phone numbers.  It hadn't been too much of a pain until...

I burned my hand, Robert was at work, I didn't have a car, and I didn't know anyone's phone number so I couldn't call for help.  How did the burn happen?  Well, Robert worked from 4:00pm-1:30am yesterday.  Yuck!  So I was bored and decided to do some baking.  We have the most temperamental oven.  Robert and I consider ourselves to be above average cooks/bakers, but almost everything we make in our stupid oven turns out raw and fried to a crisp.  So I took my muffins out 5 minutes early and they were completely charred a ruined.  As if that doesn't stink enough, I hit my hand on the 350 degree oven rack.  I was turning on the exhaust fan over the stove to get rid of the smokey smell and I managed to scrape my hand on the corner of the hood and get a pretty nice gash.

I just don't think this picture does it justice.
So I wanted to get some burn cream (burn not pictured), but we let somebody borrow ours in May and haven't seen it since then.  I walked to a friend's apartment but she wasn't home.  I didn't have her phone number because, you guessed it, all my contacts got deleted.  And Robert wasn't going to be home for another 8 hours.

On Saturday we had tried making cookie bars for Sunday School.  The edges ended up charred and the inside was raw.  We ended up buying doughnuts...This was right after I had gotten home from the grocery store and realized we didn't have any onions and I had forgotten to buy more.

On Sunday Robert got to church to warm up for the band and realized his guitar's 9-volt battery was dead and his cable had gone kaput.  Thankfully, somebody randomly had a 9-volt battery (apparently I'm the only one who doesn't keep 9-volts handy?) and Robert had another cable at home that he was able to get and use for the 2nd and 3rd services.


This entire weekend was made so much better by the fact that I threw out my back.  My back had felt a little off all week, but I woke up from a nap on Saturday afternoon and could hardly move.  Robert had to prop me up.  I tried ice, heat, stretching, not moving.  Nothing has helped so far.  Maybe a trip to the doctor is in order soon.

Do you ever have those days/weeks that are just off?


2 comments:

  1. Amy, it sounds like your oven has a really hard time regulating heat. I'd recommend going to a hardware store and buying a really large piece of terra cotta, like the tray you'd put a potted plant on, or a paver stone. Place the stone on the bottom rack of your oven, and leave it there. The stone will hold the heat and help it keep constant. It's a cheaper alternative than a new oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha luke, I love that you are giving oven advice. so awesome.
    love you, amy! the week will be better! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...