Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Date night

A week and a half ago Robert and I got to have such a fun date night.  Robert's cousin Michael is in charge of all the screens that Jason Aldean has up on stage during his concerts.  The tour came to Raleigh last Friday, and we got to go.  Robert and I aren't huge country music fans, and the only Jason Aldean song I know is the one he did with Kelly Clarkson, but the night was so much fun!  It was a beautiful evening, and the concert was outside.  Michael met us once we got there and took us behind the scenes.  We got to go on the stage and look around, see the tour buses, and play some corn hole with one of his co-workers.  We even got to sit in the sound booth with Michael during the concert.  How cool is that?

I have known Robert for 3.5 (or 5.5 years depending on who you ask) and I had never gotten to meet Michael before.  He was so nice!  Here are some of the pictures to capture our evening.




It was definitely a cultural experience.  The second we pulled in we saw I guy peeing on a tree.  There were so many people tailgating before the concert.  There were people doing typical tailgating things - corn hole, BBQ, etc.  But then there was another game where people were hammering a nail into a tree stump.  Robert and I are assuming that is only entertaining after you've had several beers.  There was also an RV that had karaoke going on.  That seemed to be quite a hit.  I felt rather out of place as far as what we were wearing.  I think we were the only people who didn't have on plaid or cowboy boots.  But it was seriously so much fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...