Sunday, April 17, 2011

Becoming a Grown Up

Another good and busy week.  Tuesday I got to go to Windermere (where I worked last summer) to see some dear friends and have a wedding showing for Loretta.  I got her a waffle iron.  Which if you knew Loretta you'd know this item will be used on a daily basis. haha

I had two tests and a speech last week.  I don't know how either test turned out, but I felt decent about both.  I got an A on the speech which is encouraging after my last speech.  I really can't figure out that professor.

Robert and I went to Springfield to Wednesday to celebrate 13 months of dating.  We went to the mall, Chili's, and a park.  I'm blessed!

At Jordan Valley Park
Thursday Robert and I got to have dinner at El Rodeo with our dear friend Harrison.  Delightful! 1. El Rodeo is my fave local restaurant.  The food comes in approximately five minutes and tastes delicious every single time.  2. Harrison is hilarious.  He and Robert picked me up and what was waiting in the back seat for me?  A precious baby animal calendar.  How thoughtful.  haha

We had this gigantic pageant thing called Mr. and Miss Southwest Friday night.  Residence Life was in charge of it.  Boy am I glad to be done with it.  It went really well, but it was a ton of work.

Robert and I spent yesterday together.  I love weekends without much to do.  I vacuumed, washed, and waxed Robert's truck while he worked on a research paper.  We went to the town library.  $2 for a grocery bag full of books.  Hello!  We got four puzzles and about 20 books.  We worked on a puzzle while watching the Cardinals kick butt that night.  We made dinner together: grilled pork chops, grilled veggies, and mashed potatoes.  I attempted to make dessert but the heating element in the oven decided to spark and essentially explode.  Hadn't planned on that.

Robert and I had the honor of playing for Carey's third grade Sunday School class this morning.  So great!  Then I got to work in the nursery.  Quote of the day:  Eisley called me Miss Robert.  I didn't mind. :)

Robert and I got to hang with Chad and Natalie today.  We painted a canvas for their house.  Now we get to be with them wherever they go!  We're so pumped to have them in Bolivar with us this summer and next school year.

Just in case you forgot, I have four more weeks of class and one week of finals until I'm a college graduate!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...