Sunday, April 3, 2011

Big Week

This was a pretty big week for me.  The first week back after a break is always interesting.

Monday: I got the paperwork to fill out for graduation.  It was pretty exciting to see that I'll be graduating cum laude.  It's really cool to see that I'll my hard work has paid off.  I also met with Dr. Leo.  I am so very thankful God has given me such an amazing doctor.  He is very knowledgeable and does an excellent job of relaying the information to me.  He said my ultrasound looked perfect.  My blood counts are still low.  He switched my iron supplement to Bifera which is supposed to be easier on my stomach.  The main bummer is that although it's still OTC it costs $20 instead of $3.  It's totally worth it though to not feel sick.  We hired the new RA to replace me.  It's a weird feeling.  It seems like I just became an RA.  I think Bekah will do a great job.  It's hard to balance investing in the girls for the last month and a half of school and starting to let go.

Tuesday: I ordered my new car!!!  I have been very thankful for my Pontiac Sunfire.  It's served me well for the past five years.  We've had some good memories together.  It was my very first car.  It has never broken down or gotten a flat tire.  However, it's time to upgrade a bit.  I ordered a 2011 Ford Fiesta.  It should be here in 3-7 weeks.  It's cool to think that I'll be the first owner.  Although my Sunfire was kept up pretty well, I think the previous owner was a smoker.  What was my clue?  A couple of burn marks on the ceiling and chair.  The dealer said I've chosen a pretty "basic" version of the Fiesta.  It's interesting to see how "basic" has changed over the past ten years when my Sunfire was made.  My Sunfire is "basic" - manual windows, manual locks, manual mirrors, no keyless entry, etc.  My "basic" Fiesta will have automatic windows, automatic locks, keyless entry, MP3 hookup, CD player, etc.  I'm most excited about the locks and windows.  It's the little things, baby!

Wednesday: I worked in the church nursery in the morning and evening.  I'm guaranteed a good laugh every single time I work.  Three year old boy: "I use plastic spoons to bench press, but sometimes Mommy cooks with them."  Obviously, what he's doing is normal, and she's the weird-o.  On Wednesday nights my family always eats dinner with my grandparents (Memaw and Pepaw).  Memaw is quite the cook!

Thursday: I meet with Carey every Thursday morning.  Our time together is such a breath of fresh air.  She's an excellent example of a loving and Godly wife, mother, and friend.

Friday: I got to have lunch with my dear friend Tarah.  Tarah and I have been friends since we were in diapers.  It's a bummer that we don't get to hang out quite as much now, but every time we get together it's great.  Conversation comes so easily with her.  I gave a speech in advanced public speaking.  It didn't go as well as I had expected.  It's different when you don't prepare for a test, presentation, or paper and then do poorly.  But when you prepare and study your butt off you should be rewarded properly.

Saturday: I was the RA on call this weekend so I worked 1:00-5:00.  It was open dorm so I got to go over to Robert's room.  We watched Superstar.  Hilarious!  Then we played a game called trains.  Robert dominated.  I guess guys never get too old to play with trains.

Sunday: We all got to eat lunch with my parents.  Delicious!  Then Robert and I walked around the neighborhood.  It's 80 degrees today, people!  Now I'm working in the dorm office from 2:00-5:00.  I got employee of the month at work last week and was rewarded with a $15 giftcard to Subway.  I think tonight will be a perfect night for a free dinner date with my man.

This week looks like it should be pretty chill.  No tests, papers, or presentations.  Just lots of work and babysitting. 

I've been reading a book called One Thousand Gifts.  It's a great challenge.  The author spent several months writing down 1000 gifts and blessings.  What a great way to show our gratitude.  I think there's something to be said for actually stopping to write down gifts.  It makes it seem more real.  I want a heart that continually seeks an attitude of gratitude.

48 days til graduation.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked the lunch yesterday! Hearing about your "attitude of gratitude", along with your thankfulness for Dr. Leo, encourages me to concentrate on the blessings in my own life...and one of those is you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...