Saturday, April 9, 2011

Insanity

I started doing Insanity this week.  I know how it got it's name.  So sore!

Robert had his spring choir concert on Tuesday.  His mom (Serina) and sister (Bethany) got to come down which was a special treat.  His dad (Ray) is in DC on business right now so he couldn't come.  All of us had dinner with my parents before the concert.  Pike Auditorium is being renovated right now so the concert had to be at First Baptist Church.  The choir did a great job!

On Wednesday I took a major step into the grown up world.  I went to Drury and officially signed up for classes.  This summer will be intense.  I'm sick of people reminding me of that though.  I realize it, but when people comment about it, it freaks me out, and we all know I don't need that.  This summer will be the most packed semester of the entire degree.  I'll be taking twelve hours.  One class (Entrepreneurial Communication) will be going on all of July and August, but it's online so I can kinda go at my own pace.  Communication consulting will be going on throughout the entire summer.  It's a hybrid class (some seated time but mostly online).  Monday-Thursday I will have introduction to graduate studies, but it only lasts for June.  The craziest class will be Social Media Certificate.  It's three weekends in June, Saturday and Sunday from 9am-6pm.  Let me do the math for you.  That's nine hours a day for a total of eighteen hours for three weekends in June.  Gives new meaning to Sunday School.  July and August will be totally awesome thought because it'll just be the online and hybrid classes.  I'll have two weeks off between graduating SBU and starting at Drury which is sweet.  I get 4th of July (Monday) off.  Plus I will have about three weeks off between summer term ending and fall term beginning.  It seems like I'll have plenty of time to re-cooperate between sessions.  Anyway, so I signed up for classes on Wednesday and got a parking pass.  I'll go back later to get my picture ID taken and printed.

Last night Robert and I got to eat dinner with the Bethells.  What a treat!  We had a delicious meal - lasagna, bread, salad, and strawberry pie.  We got to eat outside since it was so pretty.  Miles just got upgraded from a baby swing to a big kid swing so we had to check that out.  The boys got such a kick out of pretending Robert was a tree and they needed to chop him down.  After that we went over to our friend Chad's house.  He is getting married to Natalie in June, and we hadn't met her before.  She's in town for the weekend so we finally got to meet her.  She's super sweet, and I'm excited to get to know her better.  We played a crazy game called Curses.  It was super fun!  Chad and Natalie will be living really close to my parents and grandparents too!

Next week is pretty busy.  I'm trying to make myself study a bunch today.  Academic goals: Advanced Public speaking - practice presenting my rhetorical criticism speech on Apple, Medieval and Renaissance Literature - Work on research paper and study for test, Communication Theory - Study for test, American Public Address - Read.  Time to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...