Saturday, April 30, 2011

Another Week Passes

Another eventful week. :)  Robert started getting the ball rolling for his summer job.  Did I mention this before?  He'll be working at the church 30 hours a week doing janitorial projects (cleaning the carpet, painting, mowing), living in the dorm as the summer RA (this will only include two weeks of work because that's the only time his dorm will have campers, but the rest of the time he gets to live there and eat for free), and about 10 hours a week at the school cafeteria.  Hopefully he'll be doing some yard work for neighbors.  If you need any yard work done or have random projects let us know!
I'll be babysitting and taking classes this summer.  I'll be babysitting Cooper and Miles for my dear friend Carey three days a week.  Getting to hang with their family is such a treat!  I'll continue to watch them three days a week during the fall semester.  And in the fall I'll be babysitting for some SBU professors three days a week.  They have a very precious 14 month old little boy who will be fun to be around too.
Robert schedule his wisdom teeth extraction time this week.  Eek!  It'll be at the beginning of June that way he can get all healed up before he goes to South Africa.  He's going on a mission trip with our school and will be gone July 10-23.  He still needs about $1000.  I'm not sure if anyone actually reads this, but if you're able to donate and would like more information just write a comment or send me a message.
Bummer news: Wednesday the Ford dealer called which got me totally excited.  He said that Ford orders are really backed up, and my car won't be here til the first week of July.  It's a bummer because it was supposed to be here within three weeks from now.  The biggest deal is that I'll be driving to Springfield (60-70 miles round trip) to go to school six days a week for the month of June.  That's about 1500 miles ish.  It would be awesome to have my car then because it'll get 40-48 mpg while my current car gets 22 mpg.  Boo!
Also, it's been a total debacle with my Drury email stuff this week.  As I suspected might be the case I'm already out of the loop since the other nine people in my cohort already go to Drury.  I'm the only one without a Drury email, and the professor has been sending up important emails apparently.  Sweet.
I'm the RA on call this weekend so I'm working in the dorm office for seven hours.  Then I get to babysit my dear friend Elise's little sister Christi.  Should be fun!  Robert and I are leading music at the Encounter tomorrow at church.  You should come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...