Monday, April 18, 2011

Reflections

I just got back from a delightful lunch/wedding shower for my dear friend Tiffani.  I am so very thankful for the wonderful friends at SBU God has blessed me with.  Bekah, Rachel, Joelle, Tiffani, and I all went out to the Tea Garden for lunch.  I've known Tiffani forever, but I've gotten to know the other girls through classes over the past semesters.  They make class so much more fun.   I'm gonna miss them!

I skipped Medieval/Renaissance Literature today.  Wild!  I took the extra time to read Maya Angelou in the park and eat a chocolate chip cookie. :)

Robert and I have been blessed with part-time jobs this semester.  Neither of us worked last school year or last semester at all.  This semester neither of us are taking many classes so we have time.  I work at the church nursery about 8-10 hours a week and babysit some too.  Robert works in the school cafeteria 6-8 hours a week and does some yard work for my grandparents.  It's certainly not a lot, but it's nice to have gas money and be able to stash a bit of it away.  I'm working in the church nursery tonight from 5:45-8:30, and Robert's working at Mellers tonight from 4:45-6:30 ish.  Having to work hard for your money sure makes you more conscious when spending it.

I'm sitting at my desk while listening to the girls next door get down to some Beyonce.  Thinking about not being in this dorm room in five weeks brings about mixed emotions.  Part of my screams, "Good riddance!"  The other part says, "Slow down!"  Things I won't miss about SBU include:
-The cafeteria.  Shocking.  I'm pumped to be able to pick what I eat and to actually know what's in it.  True, I'll have to spend time making it, but it'll be worth it.
-Hiking up to the third floor to get to my room.
-Loud people who scream, pump up the jams, and slam doors at 2am
-Sharing a bathroom
-Not having control over the thermostat.  I have two incredibly cold natured (but sweet) suitemates.

Things I'll miss:
-Knowing so many people.  I'm nervous about not knowing ANYONE at Drury.
-Having things fixed by maintenance
-Being so class to Robert and having similar schedules.  Next year, he'll be in class all day (9:00-3:00 basically) while I'm at the house.  Then by the time he's done it'll be time for me to head out (leave at 4:30 for class from 5:20-8:30.  Get back at 9:15 and then crash).
-Not really ever having to study that much.  People keep trying to scare me by saying I'll have to read a million pages a night next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...