Thursday, April 21, 2011

4 Day Week

I'm nearly done with school for the week.  It's my last little break before graduation.  For the three day weekend Robert and I are going to visit his family in KC.  We're pumped!  I haven't been there since Thanksgiving, and Robert hasn't been there since Christmas.  It should be quite the shin-dig: Robert's parents, his sister, sister's boyfriend, maternal grandma and grandpa, aunt/uncle/two cousins, second cousin/wife/triplets, and us.  Special plans for the weekend include: going to the farmers' market (which is nothing like the one here.  It's more like a farmers' extravaganza), going on a hike, swimming, playing games, eating some delicious food, and maybe even studying a bit.  We're leaving today right after I take an American Public Address test and Robert takes a Hebrew test.  What's with professors giving tests right before a break?

This has been another big week: presentation on Tuesday, research paper on Wednesday, and test on Thursday.  I'm looking forward to next week and it's less busy schedule.

I did room checks for the girls' on my hall on Monday.  I took the new RA who will be taking my place with me on the checks.  I know she'll do a great job.  It's weird thinking about not being in the dorm, but I can wholeheartedly say that I am pumped to live in a house again.  It's been nice while it's lasted, but I'm ready to move on.  And isn't that great?  That God allows certain things to happen and let's changes occur so we're ready for the next step?

Health report:  This new iron medicine (Bifera) is definitely better than the previous supplements.  The new negative occurrence though is that I've started dry-heaving. TMI, I know.  Here's the deal.  I take acid reflux medicine (Omeprazole), and it has to be taken in the morning one hour before I eat.  Well, with taking iron supplements it helps a ton to have a full stomach because otherwise you could horribly nauseous.  I take the iron in between breakfast and lunch and then in between lunch and dinner.  That way my stomach isn't totally empty so I don't get sick but it isn't totally full so I can absorb as much Iron as possible.  In the morning my stomach is empty.  I haven't taken the Bifera for the day, but obviously the iron supplements have built up in my system, so I feel sick.  I'm very thankful that it's not nearly as bad as the first supplements, but we're still trying to work out some kinks.

I sent out my graduation announcements last week!!!!  The process might have forever converted me to DIY.  Here's the breakdown.  Ordering through the school was something ridiculous like $25 for for 20.  Don't remember exactly, but something like that.  I designed my own, had them printed on cardstock, the office store cut them for me, I bought stamps, and addressed them.  Cost of the actually announcements: $2.36, plus like $12 for postcard stamps.  So the whole thing was about $15 for 50 announcements.  For announcements and stamps through the school it would have been $75-100.  Hello!  Side note, 30 days til I graduate!

I'm getting more antsy every day as I wait for my new car.  It's been 3 1/2 weeks since I ordered it.  The maximum amount of time it should take is 8 weeks.  So I have 4 1/2 weeks or less left.  Let's gaze at it for a moment, shall we?

It's magenta and shiny and pretty :)

The inside of my car will look like this except it's an automatic not manual so the shifter will look slightly different.

Ahh!  Ok time to cram before the test.  Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...