Friday, July 19, 2013

Summer School

As I type, my sweet husband is taking his final exam for Greek 3.  In 2 hours he will officially be finished with lectures for the summer and just has one paper left before officially being finished with summer school.  That paper is due in a week so he is very close!  Summer school can be kind of crazy because you sit in lecture for 3-4 hours straight and due a week's worth of homework every night, but Robert has been a trooper and has completed 6 credit hours this summer.  Now he will be able to focus on working at his new job at Applebee's.  The past few weeks have been crazy while he has been in class 15 hours a week, studied about 20 hours a week, and worked about 30 hours a week.  It's nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and Robert will just be working for the next month before school starts, but we're hoping he'll be able to work a bit more and be close to full-time.

So needless to say, July has been a busy month.  We didn't do anything too exciting for 4th of July.  The town puts on a show but you have to pay to get in.  How lame is that?  And fireworks for personal use are pretty much banned; all you can do are sparklers, snakes, and fountains, but at our apartment complex even snakes and fountains are banned.  Wah wah wah.  We did have dinner and games with some friends though so that was nice.  And who doesn't like a paid day off?  The main bummer was that we had planned to meet up with my parents in PA to visit my dad's side of the family and Robert got scheduled to work on July 5th so we had to stay behind.

Dramatic moment of last week - Do you ever just have one of those days where nothing goes your way?  Well last Thursday was my day.  I sat down at my desk and spilled coffee on my mousepad so it was wet for hours.  Then about two seconds later my sandal broke.  The part that goes in between your toe just separated from the sole of the shoe.  I stapled it together.  That lasted about 7 seconds.  I ended up spending my lunch break buying new shoes.  It was a bit ironic because Robert and I had gone to Target a couple of days before to look for new sandals.  I didn't find any that I liked.  I guess a broken shoe will make all other shoes a lot more appealing than they previously were.  So I went back to work with these new shoes:

It turns out that I actually like them so that's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...