Thursday, July 25, 2013

What I've Done - Coconut Oil

Okay, you guys.  I have a beauty secret to share.  I recently discovered the magic of coconut oil.  I already knew that I liked cooking with it, but now I like using it for pampering myself.  All you have to do is heat up two spoonfuls of coconut oil for 30 seconds in the microwave.  massage the oil into your scalp, hair, and split ends.  Two spoonfuls was the perfect amount for my thick, shoulder length hair, but of course you might need to adjust the amount accordingly.  I pinned up my hair with a clip and headband and went about my business for two hours.  I proceed to wash my hair, cover it in conditioner (usually I just put it on my split ends, but this time I put it everywhere), and washed it again.  It is silky smooth!  Seriously.  I can't stop touching it.  I feel like I have fewer split ends, or at least they're less pronounced now.  My hair is super soft, and it's not nearly as frizzy.  You've got to try it right now!

1 comment:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...