Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Finals Week

2 finals down.  2 to go.  Today at 1:00 I had the American public address final.  It's basically been the root of all evil this semester.  It has been the worst class I've had at SBU, hands down.  It should be labeled a history class, not a communication class.  History is fine, but there a reason I'm not a history major.  It's not my forte.  At 3:30 I took the medieval and renaissance literature final.  I think it went fairly well.  I did well on the other tests and assignments so there wasn't a ton of pressure for the final.
Tomorrow I'll take the advanced public speaking final at 10:30 and the communication theory final at 12:00.  Then I'll be finished!
Soapbox: I don't feel sorry for people who procrastinate the whole semester and then freak out about being sooooo busy during finals week.  If one were to analyze it closely, he or she would find that poor decisions were made repeatedly throughout the semester.  Usually these crazy assignments were introduced four months ago.  Or perhaps the student chose to A. Watch a movie. B. Sleep in. C. Go to Springfield. D. All of the above instead of studying and doing homework.  If I found the time to do the assignment in advance, you should be able to as well.  The end.
Robert and I went to Hays, KS this weekend to see his sister graduate from Fort Hays State University.  There were about 2500 grads with about 2000 walking.  It was crazy!  Just like SBU's graduation...except 5 times bigger.
We got to graduation two hours early.  Plenty of time for a good photo!
I'd never been to Hays before.  I'm sure Robert (and other Kansans) would appreciate it if I would say that not all of Kansas is flat and boring.  So, there ya go.  We went to the Sternberg museum of natural history, saw some buffalo, and went to the grocery store and bakery.  Got a nice sample of the glory that is Hays.

My dorm room is just about packed up, minus the stuff I'll need the next couple of days.  I tore down all my hall decorations too.  One of the girls said, "Amy, the hall is naked!"  It's true.  Isn't it funny how that's how guys' halls look all the time?

I'm going to get my nails done on Thursday.  It's the last component of my spa treatment from my mom.  Looking forward to it!

Graduation rehearsal is Thursday afternoon.  Crazy!  Question: can you iron a graduation gown or do you have to steam it?

1 comment:

  1. Amy, we are so happy for your graduation that's coming up on Saturday. We are proud of you! Mom and Dad PS--Great pic of you and Robert.

    ReplyDelete

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...