Thursday, May 12, 2011

The old "mouse in my AC" bit gets me every single time

What prompted this title?  Let's get right into it.  Tuesday afternoon I turned on my AC and it was very loud and stinky.  I didn't have time to mess with it so I drove around with the windows rolled down which is a pain in the butt because I have manual windows.  Anyway, later that afternoon Robert dropped me off to get a pedicure and took my car to see if Pepaw could fix it.  Robert went back to SBU in Pepaw's car with the idea that Pepaw would pick me up after my pedi.  I didn't know any of this til I was done and didn't see my car out front. Well, my phone was dead.  I couldn't call anybody to ask what was going on.  I had to walk back to my dorm.  Never fun but especially after a pedi, come on!  So I plugged in my phone and called everyone I could think of: Mom's cell phone (didn't answer twice), the house phone (busy three times), Memaw and Pepaw's house (didn't answer three times), Robert was at work but I texted him, and Dad was out of town so I didn't even bother him.  Finally after an hour my mom called me back.  She didn't know what was going on, but she drove over to my grandparents' house, found my car, got my key (it was in my unlocked car!!!), and drove it to me.  The AC hadn't gotten fixed yet.  Yesterday I took it back to Pepaw.  He fixed it!  There was a dead mouse in the AC drum, and every time the fan turned it whacked the mouse against the drum.  That's also why the AC smelled like road kill - I'd had a dead mouse under the hood for at least three days.  Finally, that's why there had been a TON of flies on my car all week.  Gross!!!
On a happier note, my facial and pedicure were very nice.  I'd had a facial before but never a real pedi.  I got "Modern Girl" paint for my toes.
I was supposed to give a speech in advanced public speaking yesterday at 11:00.  I didn't go to chapel, but it ran way late.  It's supposed to go from 10:00-10:50 but didn't get out til 11:35.  By the time Dr. Bailey made it to Jester it was 11:40, 10 minutes before class ended.  Generally, I would have left by 11:15, but I just knew that if I left he'd come in two seconds later and give me an F for my speech.  I waited for 40 minutes only to have him cancel the last 10 minutes of class.  What the heck?  So now I have to wait til Monday.
I have an appointment with Dr. Leo (my oncologist/hematologist) today at 3:15.  Prayers are appreciated!  He's going to do some more blood work.  If the counts are getting better then Yay!  I'll keep taking the iron that makes me nauseous but doesn't make me throw up.  If things haven't gotten better, he's interested in an Iron IV.  I'd have to go in every few days for a couple of months and get hooked up to an IV to make me Iron Woman.  It shouldn't make me nauseous this way, and my body would be able to absorb and use more of it.  Of course I'm hoping I don't have to do this because it will be kinda painful, expensive, and time consuming, but if it's what needs to be done in order to make me feel back to normal for the first time in 14 months then bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...