Friday, May 20, 2011

My thoughts from June 7, 2009

I need to learn to appreciate the time I have with people. Relationships really are one of the most important things. It is worth my time to invest in others' lives. It is never a waste of time.

I don't like confrontation.

I over-analyze most situations.

I miss my small group girls. God blessed me more than I realized when He gave me that amazing group of friends. I was able to voice my opinion and thoughts without being made fun of. Reading the Bible and learning new things from God was cool and exciting. It's important to have girl time...make some spaghetti, eat cookies, stay up late, watch Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, talk about boys, ask questions. Thank you for investing in my life, girls!

I absolutely love work! It is the most dependable thing in my life right now. I need stability.

This is my life, and I need to enjoy it.

Even when I think I'm too tired, that sleeping is a better use of time, that I could be doing homework, or laundry - Spending time in God's word, listening to Him, telling Him my thoughts - It's always worth it. I'm never disappointed I took some time out of my busy schedule to adore my Creator.

People will always complain about rules even if the rules aren't that annoying. Sure, I have to go upstairs each night to check in. If I could choose between sitting in my room or walking up the stairs I would choose sitting in my room checking facebook. But it takes 30 seconds. No big deal. I can handle it.

I don't like being vulnerable. I made the best friends in the world in high school and then they all left me. I don't want to replace them. It takes too much of an effort to go out there and make new, quality relationships. I don't want to have to say goodbye again. It's easier just to do my own thing. This isn't what God wants, though. He wants me to enjoy life and be about relationships.

KLife is one of the best things I have ever been a part of. I wish I would have started going years ago. I've been invested in, and now I'm able to invest in middle schoolers' lives. It's an amazing feeling.

I require lots of sleep.

There never seems to be enough time to do laundry.

I enjoy naps.

I like walking outside and enjoying God's creation.

I need to tell and show people that I love and appreciate them.

Some of my favorite quotes and verses:

I'm convinced being generous is a better way to live
I'm convinced forgiving people and not carrying around bitterness is a better way
to live
I'm convinced having compassion is a better way to live
I'm convinced pursuing peace in every situation is a better way to live
I'm convinced listening to wisdom of others is a better way to live
I'm convinced being honest with people is a better way to live
~Rob Bell~

Everybody thinks their opinion is the right one. If they didn't, they'd get a new one. ~Anne Lamott~

I want a humility that understands that I am not God. And there is more to know. ~Rob Bell~

You belong among the wildflowers
You belong in a boat out at sea
You belong with your love on your arm
You belong somewhere you feel free
~Tom Petty~

Questions bring freedom. ~Rob Bell~

Then the time came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. ~Anais Nin~

With God being so massive and awe-inspiring and full of truth, why is the Bible capable of so much confusion? ~Rob Bell~

When I carry my cross, burdens become blessings. ~Rodney Reeves~

Because God has spoken, and everything else is commentary. ~Rob Bell~

If death is the biggest thing I could fear and it takes me to God, what shall I fear? ~Rodney Reeves~

It's only awkward if you make it awkward. ~Leigha Hill~

This is scary: You can tame a tiger, but you can't tame a tongue—it's never been done. The tongue runs wild, a wanton killer. With our tongues we bless God our Father; with the same tongues we curse the very men and women he made in his image. Curses and blessings out of the same mouth! My friends, this can't go on. A spring doesn't gush fresh water one day and brackish the next, does it? Apple trees don't bear strawberries, do they? Raspberry bushes don't bear apples, do they? You're not going to dip into a polluted mud hole and get a cup of clear, cool water, are you? James 3:7-12

We go through exactly what Christ goes through. If we go through the hard times with him, then we're certainly going to go through the good times with him! Romans 8:17

There's more to come: We continue to shout our praise even when we're hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next. In alert expectancy such as this, we're never left feeling shortchanged. Quite the contrary—we can't round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit! Romans 5:3-4

So if you find life difficult because you're doing what God said, take it in stride. Trust him. He knows what he's doing, and he'll keep on doing it. 1 Peter 4:19

Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
he's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all.
Run to God! Run from evil! Proverbs 3:5-7

For my part, I am going to boast about nothing but the Cross of our Master, Jesus Christ. Because of that Cross, I have been crucified in relation to the world, set free from the stifling atmosphere of pleasing others and fitting into the little patterns that they dictate. Can't you see the central issue in all this? It is not what you and I do—submit to circumcision, reject circumcision. It is what God is doing, and he is creating something totally new, a free life! All who walk by this standard are the true Israel of God—his chosen people. Peace and mercy on them! Galatians 6:14-16

God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! Ephesians 3:20

You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule. You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you. You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought. Matthew 5:3-5

God has sent me on a mission.
I have some great news for you.
God has sent me to restore and release something.
And that something is you.
I am here to give you back your heart and set you free.
I am furious at the Enemy who did this to you, and I will fight against him.
Let me comfort you.
For, dear one, I will bestow beauty upon you
where you have known only devastation.
Joy, in the places of your deep sorrow.
And I will robe your heart in thankful praise
in exchange for your resignation and despair.
Isaiah 61:1-3

To do for yourself the best that you have it in you to do-to grit your teeth and clench your fists in order to survive the world at its harshest and worst-is, by that very act, to be unable to let something be done for you and in you that is more wonderful still. The trouble with steeling yourself against the harshness of reality is that the same steel that secures your life against being destroyed secures your life also against being opened up and transformed.
~The Sacred Journey~

Some of you think you're God's gift to the world. Well, I've got news for you...you're not. ~Anonymous high school choir teacher~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...